Go for gold with Duncan's Precious Metals! Apply over fired glaze to add brilliant gold accents that'll make yourproject look like a million bucks!
One coat of Precious Metals offers opaque coverage. Apply over gloss/glazes for a shiny sheen or matte glazes for a subtle lustre.
Temperature Range: 600-800°C
Colour - White Gold
How to use Precious Metals:
1. Be sure that the surface of your piece is free of dust, skin oils and lotions to ensure proper adhesion. Wipe surfaces with rubbing alcohol prior to applying the overglaze (except whenused over crackle glazes).
2. Always apply with a brush that is designated solely for use with the Gold to prevent contamination.
3. Do not stir or shake glaze.
4. Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette. Apply one smooth coat. Do not let the Gold pool in an area; brush it out smoothly.
5. Correct application shouldproduce a Christmas green tint.
6. Clean brush in Essence and let dry.
7. Overglazed ware can be fired while it is still wet. The kiln must be clean, well-ventilated (do not overload) and follow a normal firing schedule. Do not touch wet decoration and handle as little as possible until ware is fired to avoid smudging.
8. Stilt and fire the Gold to shelf cone 019-018.
Tips & Techniques
1. The appearance of Gold will vary with the type of glaze over which itis applied. When applied over a gloss glaze, Gold will be shiny. When applied over a matte glaze, Gold will bedull.
2. If Gold is accidentally applied on the wrong area, dip a cotton swab in Essence and wipe off misplaced colour.
3. If any areas are missed, go back and touch up before Gold dries.
4. If using a metallic overglaze and Mother of Pearl on the same piece, apply and fire the metallic overglaze first.
5. For solid coverage with Gold, apply over a grey glaze or a grey underglaze covered by clear glaze.